From the twisted mind of Frank Henenlotter, the BASKET CASE trilogy is finally coming to special edition DVD and Blu-ray via UK company Second Sight just in time for HALLOWEEN!. On October 22nd, 2012 we’ll all get to find out “what’s in the basket?”
FROM THE PRESS RELEASE:
Following the huge success of The Return of the Living Dead, Second Sight Films now bring the wonderfully warped Basket Case – The Trilogy to special edition Blu-ray and DVD. This bumper release will hit the streets on 22 October 2012 as a limited edition three-disc steelbook and special edition DVD, complete with newly commissioned bonus material produced by bonus feature specialists Severin Films.
“What’s in the basket?” A question Duane Bradley is asked a lot when he arrives in New York and checks into the sleazy Hotel Broslin, a place filled with drunks, odd-bods and prostitutes. We soon discover the answer; inside is his grotesquely deformed brother, Belial. Separated at birth in a brutal operation, the Siamese twins have come looking for revenge on the doctors that left Belial for dead, and now the basket-dweller is ready to wreak blood-soaked carnage. Where the original classic ends, the sequels pick up, and things start to get really deranged when the brothers meet their long lost aunt ‘Granny Ruth’ and her houseful of freaks.
Special features in the set include:
• What’s in the Basket? – A look at the making of the trilogy with director Frank Henenlotter; actors Kevin VanHentenryck, Beverly Bonner, Annie Ross; producers Edgar Ievans and James Glickenhaus; make-up effects artists John Caglione, Jr., Kevin Haney, Gabe Bartalos; and writer Uncle Bob Martin
• An Interview with Graham Humphreys – A look at the career of the legendary film poster artist
Additional extras for the original film include:
• Video Introduction by Frank Henenlotter
• Audio Commentary by Frank Henenlotter, Edgar Ievans, and Beverly Bonner
• 2001 Video Short – The Hotel Broslin
• Trailer/Radio Spots
• Photo Gallery: Behind-the-Scenes, Promotional Material, Stills