Famous character actor R.G. Armstrong has died. Born April 7th, 1917 in Pleasant Grove, Alabama, Mr. Armstrong was known to readers of this site for his work in such horror genre titles as CHILDREN OF THE CORN, PREDATOR, THE BEAST WITHIN (a personal favorite), EVIL SPEAK, THE WAKING aka KEEPER OF SOULS, DEVIL DOG: THE HOUND OF HELL, THE CAR, RACE WITH THE DEVIL, & a continuing role on FRIDAY THE 13th: THE SERIES. He was also known for having a role in the Spaghetti Western MY NAME IS NOBODY, and such southern fried, Dirty South (click the link to White Lightning for a definition of that term) favorites as WHITE LIGHTNING (another personal favorite…I LOVE that movie), WHITE LINE FEVER (one of the better trucker sub-genre movies out there), & DIXIE DYNAMITE. He also had a few roles on one of my favorite television shows growing up, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD.
He was 95 years old. Whether good or evil, he always played an interesting character, and he will be missed.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of Children of the Corn, Anchor Bay Entertainment is prepping an all-new special edition of the Stephen King horror film for its Blu-Ray debut. Read on…
Not only will fans see and hear this ’80s shocker classic like never before, this Blu-ray edition contains all the supplements from the previous DiviMax™ DVD, as well as nearly an hour of newly-produced high-definition bonus features, with all-new, never-before-seen interviews with the cast and crew – created exclusively for this release!
Produced by Donald P. Borchers and directed by Fritz Kiersch, Children of the Corn stars ’80s sensations Linda Hamilton (The Terminator) and Peter Horton (“thirtysomething”) as a young couple who find themselves stranded in the isolated community of Gatlin, Nebraska. They soon discover that all of the town’s adults have been slaughtered by a twisted religious cult of children led by the enigmatic Isaac (John Franklin) who worship a mysterious cornfield deity. A deadly race for survival begins –can these adults escape a town where the innocent become zealots and offer blood sacrifices to He Who Walks Behind The Rows?
Special features include:
• Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin & Courtney Gains
• NEW “It Was The Eighties!” (HD) – Linda Hamilton talks about working on the film, offering great behind-the-scenes stories about the cast and crew
• NEW “Stephen King on a Shoestring” (HD) – All-New interview with Producer Donald Borchers.
• NEW “Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn” (HD) – Interview with Production Designer Craig Stearns and Composer Jonathan Elias
• “Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn” (SD)
• Fast Film Facts
• Original theatrical trailer
• Poster & still gallery
• Original storyboard and original title sequence art
Look for it on July 28th – we suspect this release might tie in to this year’s Children of the Corn redo which will air on television later this year.